View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Hm, I Think You\'re Probably Right, Ron, At Least Partially

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That each individual is endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are the rights to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted

[/ QUOTE ]Move along..

[/ QUOTE ]

...or as naturally planned, what's the difference? Obviously the natural plan is for the nuclear family unit. If you don't believe in God you still believe in Nature, right?

Maybe some people should try to get past their distaste of religion and actually look at what's being worked towards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Religious fundamentalism = forcing your religion onto others. I don't think that's what the founding fathers wanted.

Last election, I saw a show on PBS about all the 3rd party candidates. They showed the Constitution party nominee basically just talking about THE LAWD JEEEZUS CHRAHST the whole time. He homeschooled his kids, with the curriculum being reading scripture for half the day. Now I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to do that, I'm just saying the CP is all about promoting religious fundamentalism under the guise of the constitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading more of the site I'm beginning to suspect you are correct. I'm a bit of a religious fundamentalist myself but the CP is turning even me off with their harping on religion so much. It's too bad, because I really like the ideas of getting back to our true Constitutional roots and protecting our borders. Even though they say they are for religious pluralism/freedom of religion, it sounds as if they would much prefer to be living in the U.C.S.A. = United Christian States of America. That's just a bit much for me; too bad. Well I'll read further and see if this intuitive impression is further bolstered.