Thread: statism day one
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: statism day one

[ QUOTE ]
I find it amazing that we all tolerate theft and loss of property -- yet have zero tolerance for drugs, prostitution, etc. Sometimes our priorities are really screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it ridiculous that we live in such a pussified society that we still don't lynch Law Enforcement "professionals" who have the gall to tell people not to resist during a hold-up and tell women fighting a rapist may get them killed.

I've been held up once, I performed a citizens arrest, and purposely held the barrel of my .45 on the back of that bastard's neck until the cops showed up.

Watching him cry was my greatest reward. While prison is not a deterrant, I feel fairly certain that teenage punk will never attempt another robbery after he is released, and that I will have helped turn him into a productive member of society.

Law Enforcement isn't underfunded, they're overstaffed. That's part of the taxation problem in America. The police are not your private security force. The job of a police officer is actually quite simple. He/she is to accept calls when a crime has been committed, and document it in legal fashion, suitable for court use. That is literally all a cop is supposed to do. If they want to come work your burglary call two days later, like a plumber, I personally have no problem with that, as I am equipped to deal with an invader in my home without the assistance of a heavily armed court reporter. I'm not quite sure when we as Americans started hiring thousands and thousands of cops to handle barking dog calls and [censored], but it needs to stop. Do you know who's sole responsibility your security is? Yours. Handle it anyway you see fit.