View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Wynn Dealers Unionizing

Having been on the management side versus a strong union, life was very unpleasant. I hated the hotel union in Chicago.

Then I moved to Florida, where there aren't any. The wages and living standards are so low in the "right to work" states that you have a right to work but not a right to live with any decent standard.

Compare Nevada to Mississipi and see where the average worker is doing better. And it affects all jobs, too. 52s is dead on the money. The Culinary has done a great job of making it possible for working people to do well here, and nobody is complaining about it.

I don't like it when unions become obstructive, which they sometimes do. But I trust upper-level management even less.

Look at the disparity in income between avg work salary and CEOs' pay. It has increased from 7 times as much when this was a union country as late as the Sixties to now I think I heard 4,000 times. (The last time I was sure was 20 years ago when it was 450 times as much.)

I hope it works out for them. What Wynn did was wrong. If he's "seen the light" I'll be shocked. He has been wrong for too long now for me to believe he had an epiphany. Made me laugh, tho.