Thread: Slowplay?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Slowplay?

[ QUOTE ]
Kurt,

i think you're missing the point. this guy is not a moron. read his description. he is capable of bluffing. he is capable of folding a lower pp. he is ALSO valuebluffing alot. if he c/r the flop i get no info. he may just give it up, though. point is, the flop bet seems mandatory but i'm giving the cheapest card possible on a drawless board to what is usually a two outer. if i think it will increase the frequency that 2bb go in on the big streets by a worse hand it seems it would be well worth it. and he will never fold an ace to me so forget about that. 3betting a c/r by him is spew, plain and simple. thanks for the input, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your line about mandatory betting the flop is key here. You'd likely be betting the flop with many hands when checked to here. Many meaning lower pairs also. So if he c/r's you, if you had an A, you'd be calling it out anyways letting him bet off his chips.

I don't think it's a big deal to play it the same way. Although, he might not fire again on the river after you will seemingly be in call down mode once you call the turn. He might think you'll slide one off to the turn and then he'll bet the turn. But the river bet he may be figuring you'll call anyways so it may have a bit more value attached.

But since you just checked the flop, if he bets, just call him out.

b