View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

You obviously have a few problems. First off, you should be more specific oin your comments and then I'm sure the authors who are participating here,and have been very generous with their time and effort, will attempt to address your complaints.

[ QUOTE ]
Please address the Amazon "review" controversy. I went to Amazon and looked at the reviews, most of which were submitted before it was possible to read the book. These fake glowing "reviews" are just totally shocking. Really sad.

For what it's worth, I am just a poker player. I do not know any of the authors or the publisher. I just hope that a FIASCO like this is not repeated at 2 plus 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Plus Two does not put up reviews on Amazon nor do we encourage anyone to put up reviews one way or another. However, we have no control over what an individual may do on their own.

But specifically concerning the reviews of this book on Amazon, we did request, and Amazon complied, that one of the five-star reviews be removed because we felt that it was causing controversy and taking away from the debate of the content of the book.

And finally, your statement of a fiasco concerning this book is totally without regard for its content and the way we operate. The material in the book is very dense with virtually no fluff, as is our style and what we require from our authors, and there are numerous hand examples.

You are constatly accusing posters/reviewers here and on Amazon of not reading this book. I suspect that you may be guilty of this yourself since I doubt that you can find hardly anyone who has read the book and who will agree with your statements concerning "tremendous quantities of fluff and filler"

MM