View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

jsbjoe,

the subtitle "Learn to think and play like the pros" was deleted during development of the cover. you can search for the cover design thread if you wish and see for yourself. if you cannot or will not accept that a book called PNL could be geared towards teaching players to become pros, then there will be no appeasing you.

the beginning of the book is titled Basics and Fundamentals. that is how i was taught when i started. it was immensely helpful. the fact that you understand it does not make it fluff. we explicitly state in the intro that experienced players can skip it.

i have no clue who half of the early reviewers on Amazon are. some of the rest reviewed the manuscript prior to publication: Tommy Angelo, Greg Soare, felson and certainly knew what was in the book. those are their honest opinions, zero guidance from me. others reveiwed the book in this thread and then there, two at my request: "Hey thanks for the review would you mind posting something on Amazon?" unlike you, they read more than 50 pages of the book.

matt