View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Looking more professional, a fashion thread

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is that I can get a pretty sharp (I don't care about fashionable at all, just something that will always look good) Super 120's suit for $600. I can get the same from Brooks on sale. What else should I be looking at in that price range?

I will probably get some custom shirts from Brooks, but I don't know about suits yet. I am a 46 XL who needs 38 or 40 at most waist trousers and a 17.5/36 shirt, so I am pretty difficult to be fitted. For instance I first looked at a Brooks Super 120's blazer, but it just did not fit my frame right whereas the J Press fit great.

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming you are near nyc, this guy does a seemingly decent made-to-measure for ~6-800, depending on fabric choice, and though i have no opinion on brooks/j press/whoever, the bold statement above leads me to think MTM might be something to look into.

note: i am not an experienced suit buyer by any means, just a kid out of college who did some research because he needed one decent suit 'for the boardroom' and wound up happy with the result.