View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Two hands where I took the same line

Thanks for the replies guys. First let me say that I posted these hands because I deviated from what I would normally do, which is to bet the turn in both cases, and I was wondering is there is any merit to what I was thinking.

In hand one I normally bet the turn with the intention of checking behind on the river, instead I checked with the intention of folded the river if he bet. I know this looks really weak but I have a very strong read on his play, he is very loose pre-flop, very passive, and in hours and hours of play with him I've never seen him bet the river and not turn over the nuts or close to it.

Now when he checks the river I think it increases the chance that he has a small to medium pair and eliminates an ace but there is still the chance I lose when he calls with a Q or KK or JJ, but I'm now more confident that I have the best hand so I bet for value. He calls I show my hand and he mucks.

In hand two I think a Q just isn't as scary as say a K so I'm reluctant to try and represent it. If the K falls on the turn I definitely bet. I just think my opponent is the type of player that thinks(about me)"He's young and aggresive and I'm going to call him down with my pair because there is no A or K out there."

Now the river. I have to disagree with you bakku, I think he folds med/small pairs here alot because, like Nate suggested, my turn check looks alot like AK.