Thread: MTT minraises
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: MTT minraises

I find min-raises in early to middle position nearing the end of a tournament are typically stronger hands than some higher raises. You lose a lot of value in premium hands near the bubble by raising too much as you will get no callers. Players that do not know any better see a min-raise as weakness and re pop it only to find out that EP min raise was AA or KK wanting a call or re-raise on a tight table nearing the bubble.

I do not understand everyones adversity to the min-raise especially in certain situations. Final table, medium stack, 9 left and 7 get paid. Raises are folding around almost every hand you pick up AA UTG. On a tight table a min-raise here might be your only shot to get more $$ in the middle.

Min raising A rag is stupid no matter the level, I only use min-raise to disguise the strength of a premium hand. If you have people regularely min-raising A rag, enough to be predictable about it, that should be an easy game to beat. I do not see it as much as that. Early in a donkament min-raise could be anything but later near the bubble do not be surprised to see AA or KK when you come over the top of a min-raise to re-steal.