View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: surfdoc is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
1. In one of the 2p2 articles (RayZee's I think) it outlines the evolution of a poker player, transitioning from tight and weak to aggressive, to loose and aggressive, back to tight and aggressive. Where do you see yourself along this path? Does the LAG side ever tempt you?

2. Should I go to med school and try and become a doctor? Serious question - I've always enjoyed the sciences and i'm good with people, my best friends father is a doctor, when i was a freshman in college I had a long talk with him and was seriously considering switching to premed for awhile. Pros/cons on time/effort invested vs lifestyle + compensation?

3. You have 2 weeks vacation to spend on surfing, family/job/obligations are all covered. Where do you go?

4. same as #3, but for regular vacation.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Yes, Zee wrote that. I do flirt with the LAG style from time to time. This happens more often live and I isolate weak players very light and sometimes recognize that perhaps I am doing it too light. So I guess I have come to the final stage.

2. The road through medical school is so long ans hard that I honestly believe it isn't worth it anymore. I remember when I was in college I would meet tons of disgruntled physicians who always told me "don't do it." It turns out that they had no idea how bad it would actually get. The regulations, medicare cuts, and excessive paperwork have ruined the practice of medicine. There has also been a swing in the general public's view of doctors. CNN puts up the 1 in a hundred million story where some surgeon operates on the wrong leg and the trust for doctors flies right out the window. Everyone starts looking for ways to sue or blame their physician and greedy americans start thinking that it is their god given right to have healthcare for free and the words "thank you doctor" become a rarity. Obviously I am stretching this to make a point but the unfortunate answer to your question is no, I wouldn't do it again if I knew then what I know now.

I think getting an MBA and finding some business niche would be a lot better way to work less, make more, and then get on to question #3.

3. I would love to do another boat trip to indo. The travel to get there is a little long for my taste but when I went the waves weren't as perfect as we hoped for and I would die to go back. Being out there with a group of friends whose entire mission is to score waves is pretty awesome.

4. Gonna need to think about this one for a while.