View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: surfdoc is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
Hi surfdoc. Thanks for going into The Well. I am enjoying your responses and I have some questions if you don't mind.

How often do you play poker?

What are some of the biggest BB downswings you have had at a couple limits? How did you feel about them?

What winrate do you believe is possible for online middle stakes online and high stakes live games today?

Who do you think are the best LHE players in the world?

WITHEG recommends default open-raising from the button with a certain 41% of hands (22+, A2s+, A3o+, K2s+, K9o+, Q5s+, Q9o+, J7s+, J9o+, T8s+, T8o+, 97s+, 98o+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s+) in full to 3 handed games. What do you think of this?

What do you believe are the best poker books ever written? Which helped your game the most? Have you read Mathematics of Poker? If so, what did you think of it? Did it improve your game?

If you could be any other person in the world, who would it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually play at least a dew hands every day. Even on days I go to the hospital I try and get in some hands. Playing is actaully fairly relaxing for me. I usually play around 30k hands/month online.

I had around a 250 bet downer in the party 10/20 6max. I naturally asssume that I am playing bad even if it is like a parade of 2-5 outers and I move down quickly. Keeping ego out is one of my biggest strengths...and weaknesses.

I think 2/100 is sustainable for the best players at any limit.

I like that button open range default although tossing the weaker part of the range if the blinds have any game won't be a bad idea.

I think TOP had the greatest impact on poker. I also think SSHE is an excellent book. These helped my game the most. I have read all of them I think except mathematics of poker. That over the top math stuff gives me a headache and I don't think it helps too much although I accept that maybe it is just ignorance on my part.

If I could be anyone.. Hmmm, that is a tough one. Tiger Woods seems to have it pretty good. Playing a game that won't destroy your body for tons of money can't be too bad. If he only lived close to some world class waves it would be a done deal.