View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Cash game pros - lifestyle (and numbers) questions

i've been pro since june inasmuch as i have no intention of looking for a job while poker remains as profitable as it currently stands. i typically log about 100k hands a month which i guess requires 30-40 hrs a week of my time.

as far as sleep scheduling goes i seem to work on a 26-28 hour daily cycle which means i get around the clock every 8-9 days and have the joys of waking up at 6am, 9am, midday, 3pm, 5pm, 8pm, etc through the week. this is purely because i sleep until i wake up with no external influences such as alarms. i am getting a little fed up of it as i often see little to no daylight as a consequence. the effects on social activity are obvious.

i have up until now cashed out infrequently which i regret since it has allowed me to blow large sums while drunk (this stands as my number one leak at present) and once i rebuild a sufficient roll for my regular games i intend to cash out a fixed amount on a weekly basis to set a habit and supplement those cashouts semi-regularly with additional withdrawals if i hit a good spell.