View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Things non 2+2\'ers/Ballers/Poker Players Say That Tilt You

This is semi-inspired by private joker's thread about the donk on his airplane trip.

I love it when people who have no idea about professional/serious gambling attempt to have a conversation with me about it when they just say such inane things. Crap like "zomg gambling is risky lol" or "you can't lose what you don't put in the middle."

I think my most hated is "but how much did you lose?" lol or "so I heard you played poker today? So-and-so told me you had a bad day?"

Then I'll respond with something like "oh, I dropped about 5 buyins today in some coolers and some questionable plays by myself, so around $1000. But in anycase I'm not worried about it because it was a small sample size and I think my table selection skills are impr-"

"OMG 1000 bucks!!!!!1! Dude that's alot of money! You sure you don't have a gambling problem?"

me: ".....uh-mazing."

BBV, what phrases/questions which average joejanedonks use tilt you the most? These people can be close friends, your wife, or total strangers. Doesn't matter. Trip reports would be nice too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]