View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Live Poker Adjustments/Considerations/Tendencies (Discuss please)

I don't think its easy to quantify #9, but I think its slightly similar to this:

In the first level of a poker tournaments, your PTBB/100 might be like 20, if you double early, it might be like 21, and if you lose out, it will be 0. So by doubling early, getting it in as a 50/50, you lose a lot of the value that you would have had by being at the table.

I think in this same example, if you have 20% of starting stack, you may still be able to earn like 10PTBB/100 since the mistakes people make are often ones you can exploit nearly as much with a 40BB stack as with a 200BB stack.

This is something that a couple people have mentioned to me, and although it sounds ridiculous, not losing all your chips has some value(ie. in the 85s hand, if you bet leaving yourself with 3k, even if your a 52/48 against his calling range and he calls the exact same range, the amount of value you have by being at a table of players whose limps you can constantly isolate, and who you can resteal very profitably, might be more than the extra equity gained by betting bigger, that said I think your a big enough favorite against their calling range that you should shove).