View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: High School Runner Breaks Tibia & Fibia and then Crawls Final 45 F

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I partly pulled my calf muscle during a rec-league soccer match a few months ago. But I knew the ref wasn't about to blow the whistle for me while the other team was threatening to score. I was hopping around on one foot trying to play defense and eventually blocked a shot and was able to kick it out of bounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess you win sportsman of the year over this chick. hoping around on one foot while kicking a ball (with the same foot?) is good for like 3-4 CNNSI offseason features.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That's exactly what I thought. I made a helluva play.

To the original post: Anyone who thinks this girl is dumb just doesn't get it. Just because an athlete competes for D3 doesn't mean they are any less dedicated or passionate about their sport or winning a championship than somebody at D1 or at the Olympics.
Many of those student-athletes would be less talented of course...but that doesn't mean they care about winning or competing any less.

There's a lot of time and effort and practicing that goes into the various sports. You don't just go to all those practices and dedicate that much of your life to it and then say, "meh...I don't really care about my team or sport that much. It's only D3 afterall."