Thread: MLB Power Pros
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: MLB Power Pros

[ QUOTE ]
tpir, some story elements could be viewed as important so i think one should sludge through all of the text the first time through success mode. if you enable 'shortcut mode' it drastically reduces conversational text, and limits interactions to actual events. makes it much easier to jam through it.

i've beaten it with both a pitcher and a position player (catcher). in both cases i wasn't that amped on stats, i simply performed well in the tournaments. with the position player i made the apparent mistake of beating it on the second year, which won the game but also prevented further character development.

i think willy only appears if you personally buy the wooden bat from the shop owner when you first meet him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have played through it 3 times now with no success. I noticed all of the story changes on subsequent plays so I am definitely reading the text [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I managed to make the roster as a first-year player and get my stats pretty high after I mastered the rest hyper-recovery stuff, but I went 1-for-4 in all of the big games and didn't get scouted by the pros (even though Max told me I would be before the game!). The first time through I let Willy possess me for the championship game. He gets perfect "big swing" hits every time, but my character was so weak that these huge shots ended up being lineouts to center every time. lol.

Also, I agree that the fielding is hayachaychaych-inducing. I thought the pitching was kind of "meh" at first too until I played against some human competition. I think it has some cool subtle things going for it.