Thread: Ruling Help
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Ruling Help

It was late and we were very tired. It was sort of a close board (QJ96 or something). He said afterwords that his cards were close to the burn cards which is why he was confused. But he also said the burn cards "hit" more than his cards. So for example he had like K8 or something and the burn was Q8.

I don't know if he would have checked his "weaker" real cards, thereby leading to a different possible result.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, say hero takes back his money, the burn cards are exposed and play continues. What is your action when villain a) checks behind b) bets c) pushes all-in again?

[/ QUOTE ]

What you describe would have worked if he would have realized he looked at the burn before I folded. Then we would have flipped the burn so I could see and I would have decided what to do. It would have been a tough decision, what would you do if you had a weakish pair HU and your opponent bet all in thinking he had different cards?

However because I folded we could not go back in the hand because I obv gave away my hand strength with the fold.

Splitting the pot might have been equitable alternative. Not sure.