View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 05:50 PM

Default New home donkament I can\'t seem to adapt to

I've been invited into a new home game situation. It's a $10 buyin STT with a bunch of drunken clueless people who think calling all ins on the first hand with 85o is a good play.

First problem: Second gets his buyin back as consolation prize, winner gets the rest. This payout stays in place even when they have four or five tables, and they don't allow deals because of some bigoted, backwards beliefs. They're [censored], but they're dead money.

Second problem: Starting stack is 800 or 1000 chips depending on number of players and the drunkenness of the idiots. Blinds start at 25/50 and double every time a player is busted out, capping at 800/800. The average tournament lasts about 15-20 hands because these people don't know how real structures and real poker work.

Third problem: There's at least one mechanic in the game. I've seen poorly stacked decks and a marked deck in play. I've got the cheating figured out, and I'm tempted to take advantage of it rather than risk pissing off a game's worth of union workers by accusing one of cheating.

I know this could be massively profitable despite the absurdly high variance and unpleasant atmosphere. How should I be adapting to this? It seems like too much free money to simply walk away from.