Thread: Celtics
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Celtics

Doc is the #1 problem on this team, hands down.

Most of their defensive problems come from poor switching (there was a sequence in last night's Magic game that was just AWFUL).. with a young team like this, that's a coach's duty.

As for shooting, they have some work to do, but they aren't terrible. Delonte is off to a bad start, I think he's really lost in his new role. PP has had a couple of bad shooting games in a row. Gomes would do well to raise his % a couple points. The rest are at pretty much their norms.

Fire Doc, start Rondo, play Delonte more, and Kandi-Man and Scalabrine should never have 13+ combined MPG each, ever. Play Gerald more than you play Tony Allen.

Honestly, without even physically being in Boston, that advice would score them 2 more wins. With a good coach they could still squeak out 35+ wins, even after this trainwreck start.

EDIT: and who the F is this Powe kid? He was completely off my radar. Looked very athletic with a good nose for the ball in the minutes I saw him. Further justification that Scal and Kandi should never get that many minutes.