View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Re: (NL25) I need help against fish

I'm not the greatest at NL, but here's my 2 cents. In games like that, i feel pairs go WAY up in value because even with a raise you know if you flop a set you could easily stack someone. Small pp's are my money hands in this situation.

You have to be careful with flush draws though. When i started playing NL i would often chase flushes without correct odds because i thought my implied odds were huge. But even dumb players can see when the flush hits, and then you hit the flush, bet the pot, and they just dump their hand because the flush is so obvious. And if you do get played back at after the flush hits, you could be against a higher flush, which will cost you a lot of money.

I'm not saying don't play suited hands. You were talking about implied odds, and i wanted to say be careful if you're calling pot sized bets because of your implied odds, because most people will not pay off the bet size you'd need to win to justify your calls.

Last thing you wanna remember about hands like you showed is that even if the flop bet isn't huge, often the turn bet will so big you can't call. So remember that unless you're somehow all in the pot odds you want to look at are for 1 card remaining.

Hope that helped somehow. GL!