Thread: hand vs. CDC
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: hand vs. CDC

[ QUOTE ]
He can pretty much have a very wide range here. I'd say 22-66, maybe 77 (higher pairs he's 3-betting), any suited ace, suited connectors 54s+, maybe 65s+ up to QJs (earlier in the session he 3-bet 76s in position, but from the SB he'd probably just call with these hands) and maybe some gappers like KTs, Q9s, and J9s. Not sure what he'd do with offsuit small broadway like QJo or KTo. Hopefully fold, but he might speculate with those too.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think this is CDC's range and EP is an idiot, why aren't you 3-betting PF? also, having played with him a lot in the past, high PPs are in his range. i've seen him call open raises with QQ-AA out of the SB then dark bet the flop many times.

[ QUOTE ]
As another example, here's a hand I played like absolute crap against him a bit later in this session due to a miserable read:

I raise UTG with KK, a LAG lady 3-bet in LP, CDC capped from the BB, we both called. Flop was 944, CDC checked, I bet, LAG raised, CDC check/3-bet, I capped, LAG folded.

Turn was a J. Check-check.
River 8. He bets, I call, he shows QQ and I feel like a vagina. CDC said, "It feels like I got slowrolled."

[/ QUOTE ]

despite the slowroll comment i don't think this hand was played poorly. CDC is capable of folding TT/QQ on the turn here if you bet again and is definitely check raising you with JJ/AA.