View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Caesar\'s nightly tourney report (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
Some moron proposes a deal where we all chip in $20 for whomever busts out on the bubble. Of course everyone loves this idea except for me. I hate it -- it's simply charity. If I want to give to charity I will, not to a poker player. So I say so -- no deal for me, and I'm pretty animated about it. WTF -- it's 12:30 am, and I'm working on 6 hours sleep for three days. No deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

The person who proposed the deal isn't a moron; it's a fairly common practice in live tournaments, and although clearly a bad move for the big stack, people go for it pretty often. Most live tourney players are afraid of the bubble, if all ten are including the chip leader, this deal goes through.

Anyway, your attitude telling the story (moron, acted animated, not giving a poker player charity, etc) makes me doubt you handled this the best way.

I guarantee if you had a good table image (personality-wise), laughed it off and said, "sorry, boys I'm the chip leader, so I'm going to try to steal your blinds until I bust tenth" they'd have been fine.

Also, you can point out that they can still do the save without you, and if you finish tenth they get extra satisfaction b/c you get nothing.