View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Quantifying The Degree of Difference Between Free Weights And Mach

People are going to say alot of stuff like you dont need to train to failure. Which is true, but I think everyone is just going to jump on you for saying failure which alot of people that post on here dont lift to failure.

I see what your saying though. Just assume that any workout you design is going to be to failure. M-chest, tues-legs, type of workout where you will be doing 15 sets or whatever to failure.

I still think free weights will be better. They use all the stabilizer muscles while you are lifting.

How are you judging results? looking more muscular? strength? Would you judge strength on a machine or free weights.

I think people are going to hate on this question alot, they are going to say stuff like machines can lead to injury by being a unnatural motion.

They're too supportive. Because you have so much support, you use fewer muscle groups at the same time. This means you burn less calories and work the body in a less functional way.

They don't allow the body to work naturally. Because many machines work on a fixed path, there's not much room for working the body throughout different planes of motion.

Free weights will prolly be better in the long run.

If you said how much workout you have to cut before I would go to machines I dont know.

I have been rambling alot, because I really dont know what to say. I havent used that many machines.