View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Arabs were focusing on math and science while Europeans were focusing on crusades, inquisitions, and church dogma.

[/ QUOTE ]
Get your history straight. The first crusade was in response to Moslem attacks on the Byzantine Empire and persecution of Christian pilgrims in the Holy Land. And virtually every country at that time that was Moslem was conquered and converted by military force.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, that's very much true...and during that time science and math was thriving in their culture. I am not sure why you responded in such a way to my post. The European Catholic church used it's extensive power to squelch scientific research by any means possible. They withheld from the world some of the greatest minds of all time.

All I am trying to say is that the Arab world has had their fair share of scientific advancements in the history of the world. These things seem to flow in their own way that I don't understand. For a long time it was America who was at the forefront of this stuff, it seems as though China and the rest of South East Asia will be the leaders in that avenue for the near future.