View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Help me improve a poker game my friend and I made up

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I hadn't thought about it not being a problem. It just seems like a betting round which probably won't involve folding is a little crippled.

Any thoughts on Pot Limit vs. No Limit? I know in most games, it usually isn't that big of a deal (in HE it obviously stops open-pushing in situations you would want to), but it seems like there'd be a strong incentive to overbet the pot on the flop here to cut down on odds. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Also, name suggestions are welcome. Currently we're calling it "Pineapple Cross", as it is a hybrid of Pineapple and Southern Cross. The wackier the name the better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In some of these games, the center card and all cards of equal rank are wild, so if you want tighter flop action, you might make the first flip the center card, and make it wild. This might encourage players without wild cards in their hand to put on the brakes.

It should be played pot limit, but I say that only because I think ALL games should be played pot limit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Buzz used to call a pineapple game with multiple discards "psychotic pineapple." Instead of a cross, you could lay out the cards in an "X" pattern, and call it "X-rated psychotic pineapple."