View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Bad end of a straight, monotone flop, getting action

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play FR but I would fold this hand pre-flop UTG in 6-max, so I would definitely fold it UTG 7-handed.

MP1's raise can mean a lot of things; it does not mean you're beat. He could easily have the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], two pair, or a set and the fact that there were two people who flat-called, including a cold-caller, it's highly likely there are two or more diamonds in other people's hands.

I'm not going to hesitate to get money in here. If someone flopped a flush or the higher straight, good for them. However, this is why it is a bad idea to play 98s, out of position, in a limped pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify:

I'm not necessarily saying you should get all your chips in here. However, the idea of folding a flopped straight to that raise is just crazy. Put yourself in the shoes of someone with a set, two pair, the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], etc. They are all going to raise you there. You have to re-raise.

Now, say he pushes over the top of your re-raise - it's not necessarily a fold. He would be pushing with a set, the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], possibly the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as well as with K9, KQ, and a flush. Like I said, the fact that there were two flat-callers on the flop indicates to me that there aren't many diamonds left in the deck. Getting stacked here would not be a large mistake, if it's a mistake at all.