View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Air travel security is retarded - why?

[ QUOTE ]
NTB,

Yes I did read your response to TWP. At the time, I disagreed with part of it, and this is a good a time as any to discuss:

"Also, [screening liquids] gives TSA a simple and explainable reason to do a more thorough search through your carry on luggage. Once again, seems silly to need an excuse, BUT every extra chance they have to get a deeper look at you and what you are carrying is an incremental increase in security."

[ QUOTE ]
Really? No one is really taking a closer look at the rest of the luggage because of this. The liquids are being separated and placed on the bed in their own container.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many travellers "forget" to remove the liquid items from their luggage. Thus it is caught on the xray and then a thourough bag search is conducted. Also, there maybey items in the bags which "look" like liquid carrying items on the xray, thus leading to hand baggage inspections.

[ QUOTE ]
TSA needs no pretense for screening, If they want to increase the number of bag inspections, they should simply do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. Providing a simple, tangible reason calms the masses and prevents more poeple from griping even more about "useless security measures."