View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: What to do... What to do...

[ QUOTE ]
Ok...humor a micro-limit fish...why doesn't anyone like leading with a bet on this flop? With such a draw heavy flop, I would make a pot sized bet. Fold to a reraise, and probably fold to any decent sized turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

because you've just turned your hand into 72. you have showdown value and it is unlikely villian already has a flush (or even that he has a heart at all). a bet/fold line is fine w/ any hand you're not showing down. but AK has a lot of value here, too much to just throw away to a raise from something like KhTx or AxXh.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a check-raise is a more expensive way of discovering I'm likely to be behind, and I'd prefer to check-call on a less scary flop, where I actually think I'm likely to be ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like c/r either. It shows too much strength and will fold out hands we're ahead of that will likely either bet the turn or call a decent river bet if the turn gets checked through.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, if he checks behind I'm giving him a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said above, a free card is likely a 2 or 3-outer (if that), or 5 outs if he has something like KT, so it isn't the end of the world. And a lot of times the heart is just as scary for him, so you'll get a pretty cheap showdown.

Basically, don't turn your hand into complete trash by bet/folding this flop. Bet out the flop w/ trash and flushes. Don't do it w/ something like our hand here.