View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: TAG v. LAG style of play in MSSH (Cross-Post from SSSH Forum)

The discussion seems to be centered about LAG preflop play but I think a big consideration needs to be given to the LAG postflop play. The difference between LAGS and TAGS is not confined only to the preflop realm.

Here are some plays that LAGS (at least where I am playing) are characterized with when it it comes to post flop play (mainly HU):

-LAG raises preflop bets the flop and is called.
Most LAGS will bet the turn about 95% of the time.
- LAG raises preflop,bets flop and is raised. Most LAGS will peel the flop no matter what they have. If the LAG is in position and is CR on a low board he will always 3-bet with overcards, bet the turn and check behind river when he has A high.
- LAG raises preflop and is 3-betted. A LAG will peel the flop about 95% of the time.
- AK goes to SD 100% of the time when it is HU. AT-AQ go to SD 90%
- A pair is never folded
- No matter the action preflop or on the flop, when the LAG picks up an 8+ outs or more draw he raises.
- if the preflop aggressor checks behind the turn a LAG oop will always bet the river.

These plays describe more accurately the 35/22 +LAGs. The lower the VP$IP, a lesser amount of the above plays is used.

I believe that the plays above are much more useful against tags than against fish since tags are folders and fish are looking for every opportunity to get to SD. In the last couple of years the number of fish in comparison to TAGS has lowered considerably and this could be the reason that LAGS are showing better winrates in databases.