View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Review of the heads up play

[ QUOTE ]

I kind of figured you were doing that "turn the top card into a deuce" deal playing heads up. I just thought you were overdoing it

[/ QUOTE ]

DD peels a a lot of flops, yes. But I'm not sure if he thinks this way at all. He too experienced and balanced in his play.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think AJo is a standard 4 bet hand preflop at all, against the range Joe was 3 betting me with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you’re giving Joe too much credit. Here are the hands Joe was 3-betting you with pre-flop:

AA, KK, TT, 99, AK, AQo twice, AJo, A9o, A8o twice, A6s, KQo, QJ twice.

Again, I see the cards, but you can infer this from frequency and showdowns. Your AJ with position is solid against his range and should be capped. Joe might be tight, but he’s not a statue. He knows how to 3-bet against your range, and you should respond with a 4-bet. Let’s put it this way: If AJo isn’t worth a 4-bet against Joe’s 3-bet OOP, then Joe is not 3-betting enough. This is certainly not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

His non-cap is fine. He doesnt have a huge hand vs my range, likely 50/50 with the actual range you have listed here. He maybe able to play a monster (like KK) the same way to keep me off balance further on, I also know that he is capable of that and he knows I know he is capable of that. This is not 1st-level-blackjack-poker where "AJo is always a cap."

ADDED: This also adds balance to his standard raise, as just calling could make 83s=AJo, that's huge.