View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Review of the heads up play

[ QUOTE ]

K7 trifecta hand I think I played this hand very reasonably, I wasn't just going for a trifecta. I gave his flop 3 bet a lot of respect at this point in the match so I was probably just going to call down until I improved on the turn. The CR on flop and turn both seem obvious to me. Then the river card came down and at this point that was a complete brick in my mind, unless he had KQ in which case I was about to get owned, but whatever. Remember I'm putting Joe on pretty much a good King at this point. If I bet, he certainly just calls, after just calling my turn raise. If I check, there is no way he checks behind, my hand looks like a semibluff or marginal hand that was out of line on the turn. I think the fact that he value bet a 6 here is good evidence that he would value bet a king quickly, and I don't think he would have been able to get off the king even when I CR river. Maybe he would but I still get the 1 BB. I don't see much downside to my line here.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Also don't underestimate the psychological effects of pulling off a sucessful trifecta! Against some opponents they will start playing more tentatively and others might
just go on tilt!!