View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: TheVOid DQ\'ed? (Xpost)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
having all of it taken away is too extreme considering that it was probably done by quite a few people and winning that tournament is a feat even if he had 4 or 5 lives. he deserves 5 or 10%, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

Does Marion Jones deserve to keep 1 of her medals?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that was my first example I thought of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Barry Bonds does get to keep his home runs....

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds has not been proven guilty or failed a test administered by major league baseball. Additionally, even if you found he took steroids from 1991 - 2002, there was no clear rule against it in baseball. In other words, Bonds has not been proven to violate baseballs equivalent to a TOC. Sure, Bonds looks guilty. But you have to prove his guilt before you can punish him. Pokerstars would not have disqualified the Void based on anecdotal evidence. I am assuming they had indisputable evidence that he cheated. There is a big difference between anecdotal and tangible proof.

As far as letting him keep some money. That's nuts. Multi-accounting is a clear violation of TOC. Letting them keep money sets a precedent that would encourage more cheating. Matters such as this require swift resolution and no leniency. The success of online gambling depends on trust between the players and players, as well as the players and sites. If there is even a hint of impropriety it will drive away the average consumer in droves. The sites have a responsibility to protect that trust.

Was his final table performance good? Sure. But it doesn't matter. He most likely would not have been there without using an unfair advantage that is clearly classified as illegal. It's not fair to the other players who played the tourney that day. And it is simply against the rules.

Good job Pokerstars.