View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If today is anything to go by NL$200 on FT will be a crazy AI luck fest within a month. Lots of the super-agro NL$100 players have moved up now and the skill in the game is purely preflop range estimation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure who you're talking about, but there aren't too many regs from NL100 that have moved up recently. Myself, nector33, nlife, and timid flower are the only NL100 regs that have moved up lately that I know of and I don't think we play much different than any of you older regs. You and I tangled a bit today, but all-in-all it was pretty much even. What was up with calling me down w/ TPTK all the way to the river on that ugly of a board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that's a lot, there are a few others as well.

As for AK vs QQ hand the reasoning was two fold:

One, to start to build a picture of your ranges and styles as that was the first real pot I recall getting involved with you in. Two, AK had some value. You raised UTG or UTG+1 and holding AK we take a flop of A,Q,x. Your bet and my call is standard - there is little value in me raising as you'll fold all weaker hands. I don't recall the turn but I wasn't overly concerned. You bet and again I call. Sticky territory now but you could very well have me on a draw and again AK is worth a call - having raised in an EP most aggressive regs would double barrel that board. The river hit the flush draw and you value bet again - which sucked! The bet wasn't massive and I have to believe I'm beaten often. However, having come this far it would be a crime to fold and have absolutely no more information on how you play than when I started.