Thread: limit holdem
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: limit holdem

Hi Nina - You have a nice starting hand but miss the flop and attempt a steal.

Fine.

But then SB calls.

Hard to say what SB might have. Could be a heart draw. Could be a set or two pairs. Could be a straight draw. Could be none of those. Hard to say.

Then the turn is a seven, which could actually be good for you - and you semi-bluff. <font color="green">(Thanks for the correction Rob.)</font>

Fine.

And SB calls again. Now it looks a lot like a draw. Perhaps hearts. Perhaps a straight draw. Hard to imagine SB playing this passively with any set or top two pairs. Could be something else altogether.

Then the river is a jack, giving you two pairs, queens over jacks with an ace kicker. And Villain checks again.

Now you have to decide if Villain would call your bet with anything worse than queens over jacks with an ace kicker.

If Villain was playing two pairs, queens over fours, all along, he might. Or if he's an idiot calling station, he might. And in those two cases you'd collect an extra big bet. but if he was playing an overpair, aces or kings, all along, he'll call and you'll lose an extra big bet. Or if he made trip jacks or a full house on the river, he'll either call or check-raise. Or if you usually bet the river and then fold to a raise, you'll probably get check-raised here by anybody worth his/her salt.

I think I'd probably check the river but I don't fault your betting it.

Buzz