Thread: free Nate
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: free Nate

[ QUOTE ]
Matt,

I didn't say I thought he owed an apology or should have been banned. I was simply answering your question regarding what I thought an apology from Nate might look like.

As you say, I don't think something like what I wrote there would really say much of anything different from the thread itself. But it would probably get Nate reinstated faster (based on Mason's post, it appears that he's likely to be reinstated by Mat in a couple of days anyway).

The fact of the matter is, if you piss Mason off in certain ways on this forum, you may get banned, regardless of who you are or what you have contributed here. Most longtime users are aware of this. At that point, you can choose to either play by Mason's rules or stick to your guns and go somewhere else. That's everyone's individual decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D:

This is a good point, and i agree.

However, I don't think it reflects very well at all on Mason, of whom I have quite a bit of respect. It is beyond juvenille, and i don't think that's particularly debatable. It reeks of insecurity.

Life certainly goes on. Nate will be back soon enough. And he'll still be one of the most respected and courteous posters. But I will, personally, have a new view of Mason.

matt