View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Lets talk about love TLDR!

Interesting to think of you writing this as this post closely resembles the last OP you wrote.

Watch The Hottest State and be glad you can't relate.

As for me on love. I don't know. I know that there are people that would be very painful for me to not talk to anymore. I guess this pain would be more intense if it was from a woman I really cared about, planned my life around, and had frequent sex with. Compile that with other people's expectations, and the whole experience has to be painful indeed.

I have heard people say that they cannot love. I don't know what that means. I wonder if these people prefer to be lonely in life, or that, chemically, they cannot. I remember talking to one person who said he though he could not love, and he was married. He said that if you act like you love someone, you will ultimately love someone. I asked him if he did love his wife and children. He told me he couldn't answer that for sure, but he did care deeply, and he guessed that was good enough.

With that said, I could see myself sharing a life with a significant other. I do wonder how far I could take certain relationships, past sex, but that doesn't happen too often, so I guess we are programmed, in a way, to love a certain kind of person.

But it is all theory. I have met several men and woman who said that such and such was not the kind of person, personality or look, that they would have dreamed of when they were younger. I think that deep down, we all want to be swept off our feet, but we are also deeply aware of desperation.