View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Style and stats for 0.02/0.04?

[ QUOTE ]
tighter is righter--against typical opponents you can win big in these games by going into total rock mode. The charts in SSH & other books will tell you to play a relatively loose style in these games, but honestly...until you build up a bit more experience & confidence in your postflop play, I don't think there's anything wrong with playing something along the lines of 12/10/3 poker. I'm sure you'll be a winner with those numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.
OP, you have to ask yourself this:
"Do I want to make 1.5BB/100 (about $0.03 an hour playing one fullring $0.02/$0.04 table) playing tight aggressive? Or do I want to study how to maximize my equity against loose passive calling stations to extract the maximum profit when my big draws and sets hit?"

I'm not advocating one approach over the other. Really OP, it boils down to your ability and willingness to put in the hard work and study time to learn the looser style which yields the higher return. If you don't want to do this, or aren't really that sure of your ability to do this at the moment, than don't!
There's really nothing wrong with grinding out 1.5BB/100 at $0.02/$0.04. Anyone who consistently wins any amount at any stakes in any poker game gets my respect.