View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Re: a matter of attitudes

True story... One of the big reasons that I prefer "other" poker games is that I don't feel that many players are as good.

Let's face it. No-Limit Hold'em is basically a crap shoot for all of your chips most places. I saw a guy call a 2k push with Jack-4 pre flop and crack a guy's kings last week. It doesn't require as much skill.

I killed the 5/10 Omaha 8/ob game at the Mirage last month in Vegas, and I'd love to play more of that around here.

Actually, the new poker rooms in WV are very open to spreading anything that you want. They will basically take your name, put it on the board, and when you get a full list, they'll open it up.

The problem is getting a full table. Once you get an alternative game going, it usually stays for a while. The issue is that most rooms will not open a table until they have a full list to call.

But as someone who loves playing a variety of poker, I support different games. Frankly, I look for wherever I can have the highest +EV, and a lot of times, that's not in the NL Holdem pit.