View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: 5CD: Embarrassing Confession

Well, I'd just love to watch some highstakes full ring to see how much it differs from the stakes I'm playing at. Playing against aware, usually skilled players probably takes a different approach to still being a winning player compared to playing against the usually poor competition on the lowest stakes.

I think the main reason against offering even higher stakes is that the current high stakes aren't really running very well. There are few tables at any stakes besides the very lowest ones, and usually none above the 2/4 or 3/6 levels. It's in the best interest of the card room to offer games at all stakes so people willing to move up have the opportunity to do so. That will not only produce increased rake but also keep the players at the site. Now adding 50/100 would likely end up deserting the 10/20 and 15/30 and 30/60 levels even more than they are right now. The gap people have to cross to move up would increase even more, and even less people would try. (although the number of Highstakes 5CD players seems to be very limited as is)

At least that's what I assume to be a possible reason.