View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Borgata like poker chips???

[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify, I certainly was never saying I thought the Borgata chips had magnets in them. I did think that the reason they sometimes stuck together was because the metal inside them occasionally got slightly magnetic, but I could be wrong about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have noted, there are no magnets.

It's purely a suction effect caused by the materials (a plastic molding) and the perfectly uniform super-flat precision in the production of these high-quality Bud Jones chips. The chips are not concave, but some have slightly recessed inlays - which could also contribute. The Bud Jones chips are virtually indestructible, they clean up very easily, and they stack very well.

Some view the suction of these latest version chips (V7, I believe) as a downside. I personally agree. Earlier versions of BJ chips, including the coin-in-center chips, had the stability and quality but without the suction. I have several sets of the coin-in-center BJ chips; they play like a dream.

There's another website where poker CHIP enthusiasts TALK about poker chips - probably not allowed to mention it here, google it.