View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: the real story

[ QUOTE ]
BTW if you check/3bet the turn then I think his 4betting range needs to be JT and that's it. I think coldcalling with QQ preflop is awful so I'll pretend he can't have that.

Also for your hand I think the best play is to cap the flop and then c/r safe turn cards but perhaps your cap will be seen as too strong and the play would be better for someone with a crackfiend type image. If you don't think you can get away with cap and then c/r the best play is to cap and keep betting until someone tells you that your hand is not best.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few points here worth discussing. If he will only 4 bet JT which I think is 100% correct, is that an argument to just call the turn or to go ahead and check 3 bet?

I had a much more detailed read than Surf had on the initial pfr. He had so far played slightly to loose with his limps but definitely too tight with his raises. When he 3 bet the flop I knew he loved his hand and would bet any turn. However, I also knew that he was a little bit weak and not that good a hand reader. So, the cap the flop then CR the turn play was suboptimal here. If this was the 1/2 than I like that line a lot since they play so fearless/spewy and will put you on a draw that jammed and then missed.

I had a pretty tough time putting surf on a hand but he sure looked like he was drawing and the pfr sure looked like he was betting so getting to CR the turn was way too juicy to pass up being the big street whore that I am.

BTW, I had seen the initial pfr to make some pretty ugly calls with weakish draws getting inadequate prices so him calling 2 more here with an overpair was not that unlikley. I was kinda getting the feeling he wanted to showdown his big pair so he could show the table how unlucky he was.