Thread: 68s monster pot
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: 68s monster pot

My two cents:

Just limp pf, like everyone says. But raising can't be terrible. I agree that once the BB accidentally pops you, you really should have just capped it. I mean, you said you wanted to loosen up your imagine right? Well capping with 68s and creating the biggest pot the table's seen in 3 hours will do that. Capping it will likely get you a free turn (which you ended up paying for anyway) and, unless I'm missing something, the only thing raising before could accomplish that raising now can't is buying the button. If you thought you hand faired well enough against the field to raise, then you should conclude it fairs well enough against the field and an accidental raise to cap.

On the flop....getting 29 to 1...I think you can take one off. The pot is huge. How bad can it be, really? Calling costs at most 1 bet....

On the turn...call obviously. You have real outs now!!!

On the river...I can't possibly see a fold with a pair here. You have to be good 5% of the time. Not to mention you'll obviously monkey-tilt if you fold and he tables a missed draw.