View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: The official EPASSPORTE thread. (#3 of 3.)

[ QUOTE ]
if i have a checking account set up with epassporte can i add the debit card attached to that account as a credit card for a second method so i can upgrade to select?

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience, a debit card attached to a bank account is considered a separate load method from the bank account itself. However, I have recently been told by ePassporte representatives that having two load mechanisms is no longer sufficient to upgrade to select status.

In other words, the following information currently found on ePassporte's website here is incorrect:

[ QUOTE ]
Requirements for Obtaining ePassporte Select Status

Personal Account Holders must have a minimum of 2 verified load mechanisms OR must have been ePassporte Account Holders for a minimum of 3 months and have loaded with a credit card or bank account at least 5 times since the account was opened.

[/ QUOTE ]
According to the ePassporte employees I have spoken to, ePassporte now requires <u>all</u> personal accounts to be at least 4 months old before becoming eligible for select status, regardless of other criteria that may be met.

However, it is still possible to have your limits increased without having a "select" account. For this you must contact the Account Holder Services Department, which will give you a ticket number in response to your limit increase request. You will eventually be e-mailed forms to fill out and instructions regarding additional documentation you need to provide.

Once you have sent everything they ask for, they decide on a case-by-case basis whether or not to give you the increase(s) you requested. In my case, I was told that my request was denied for now, but that my documents would remain on file and that my limits can be increased soon as I have made at least a total of 5 loads OR have a balance of at least $1000.

The only way I have been able to get any responses from ePassporte is to telephone them, so be prepared to spend a lot of time on hold if you need information or want to get something done with your account.