View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: This is why I\'m for the death penalty.

[ QUOTE ]
What we gain from killing them? Well they are out of the system, and not a concern to anyone annymore. When they are executed they are finally history, they are not part of society or this world anymore, and we can move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

A life sentence puts takes them out of society as well, at lower cost to society than a super extensive conviction/appeals process that even you admit is necessary to ensure only the "right" people are given the death sentence. I'd rather have them "in the system" (but off my streets) at significantly lower cost and with no risk that they will be released.

[ QUOTE ]
And Im not saying that the death penalty is a neccessity, but I feel it is appropiate at times. If someone is sentenced to life in prison with 0 % chance of getting out we have made sure that society are safe from him just as much as when he is executed, but I do feel there are times when having the person executed is the most appropiate solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes execution "more appropriate" when you admit that safety objectives can still be met at lower cost through life sentences without parole?