View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: This is why I\'m for the death penalty.

[ QUOTE ]
Im in favor of death penalty and long prison sentences because the high cost of error of releasing known murderers that may not be as rehabilitated that we would like to think they are far exceeds the cost of having them in prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't this be achieved by having no chance of release for members who commit a certain type of crime (with the exception, of course, that if they are found to be innocent the go free)?

[ QUOTE ]
Im talking about my defense of the death penalty, and I assure you it has nothing to do with revenge, its what I feel is the proper solution for the society in dealing with some murderers. I believe that the judges in the trials and appeals needed before someone can be executed are level headed and therefore will avoid sentencing people to death based on pity revenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the cost/risk of them committing future crimes can be eliminated by having no parole eligibility and the cost of going through the rigorous process you describe above has been shown to exceed the cost of keeping someone in prison for life. What do you gain by killing them?