View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Making Money on eBay...Who is really doing it?

The people who make real money on ebay - not the ones who find some knicknack at a garage sale for $2 and sell it on eBay for $30 and then write a book about it claiming that's how to make your fortune on eBay* - have a steady supply of product and items that will sell for a good profit.

Selling things on the Internet isn't hard at all but finding the products at a low enough price that allows you to sell for a profit is the hard part.

*I was at Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago and was looking at some of the eBay books. There are a few out where the entire contents of the book is stupid $3 items bought at a garage sale and then sold on ebay for $8 - $100. It's like a picture of the item and then a small article - "I saw this cookie jar that reminded me of one my grandmother had when I was a child. They wanted $5 but I was able to talk them down to $2.50 and some pocket lint. I was going to keep it for sentimental value but I just knew it would sell on eBay. And you won't believe it but it sold for $12.50!!! That's 500% profit on just one item!! And of course I made $2.50 on shipping for an extra 100% PROFIT!!!!!!". Repeat that with 75 items and you have yourself contents for a book I guess.