Thread: 2-7 5/10 hand
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: 2-7 5/10 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like not raising after 2nd? The main benefit seems to be you can break the 8 if 3 bet and patted ahead of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB obviously has a made hand here based on the action since he checked after the 1st draw then led into the field on the 2nd. He 3 bet preflop but his lack of aggression after the 1st draw makes me think he might be drawing somewhat rough. I'd say if you call here he's going to pat 100% of the time, and you are ahead of him something like 65% of the time.

But if he'll break worse like it seems he did, and 3 bet better hands, There's only like 1bb of value to be had by raising, (since you got 2bb from the SB in the actual results, and would have gotten 2bb from the SB if you patted behind as he'll likely call on the end with most 9's and 87's that he broke due to pot odds) whereas you increase your chances of winning the pot dramatically. Certainly incredibly close decision, and I don't think you can go wrong with either line.

By not raising 2nd, there are also a bunch of ways the action on the end could happen where you can fold if either player has you beat. SB leads, other player raises, etc.