View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: River line - 2kPLO8

How aggressive is he? This is a pretty unique situation, but it still helps a little to know.

Your repped a made hand pretty hard on the turn, you'll be getting close to 5-1 on your money, and his hand looks low oriented. Even if you are prone to bluff the turn, just about every semibluff got there on the river. Not a very good spot to bluff, IMO. Then again, tt wouldn't make much sense to semibluff and then not value bet the river, so maybe he shoves hands with zero showdown value.

Two pair with a low draw is a decent part of his range, but I don't see him calling with anything less than queens up for the same reason this is a bad bluff spot.

I think another big factor is whether he'll bet a straight for value. Because the pots so large, he'd probably feel like he gets called by a set. If you give him an ace and another low card, he has the nut straight about 20% of the time, about as often as he has a higher flush.

I'm check calling I think. At this level, I'm sure he occasionly bets a whiffed low when you check to him, and is probably value betting the straight given your likely hand and the size of the pot. He's probably gonna call with the straight too, but I dont think you get looked up by two pair as often as he is going to bluff.