View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Have questions about poker site customer service?

Let me introduce myself. I use to be a CS manager for a major online poker site for a good number of years. Part of my job was to browse the forums to see just what sort of issues players were facing on a day to day basis. Needless to say there were many questions ranging anywhere from whether or not new accounts for rakeback could be open to why certain accounts were suspended.

There have been many questions by players on here and other forums, like Pocket 5's, where players have received many unsatisfactory responses if any response has been given at all. To me, this just is not acceptable. Poker sites are essentially a financial institution and as a financial institution they must provide a minimal acceptable level of service for players to trust them with their money.

Hopefully, I will be able to bridge this gap in knowledge by providing some answers for you all with my experience in the industry. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me in this post. I will also be chiming in on other posts from here on to provide any help I can.

Just keep in mind a few things though before you ask. I can't answer every question for you. There are just some questions that need to be directed to support and only they can and should answer them for you. There are also questions that I will not answer. These questions often have to do with policies and procedures that simply cannot be disclosed.

So then, I will get started with the first question and this is common one that I receive often.

Why don't the poker sites actually have more spokespeople on here to address the issues that players are having?

The answer for this one is simple. Support sites much rather you email/call them and have you ask them the questions. They can assist you far better this way as they have your complete player profile right up on their screen. They can also access your email history to see what questions or concerns you have had in the past. Spokespeople like Lee Jones or FTPDoug cannot and should not assist you with customer service related questions. This isn't to say they do not pay attention to what is going on, but if you have any specific issues regarding your account it is always best to email support.