View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Live 20/40 Two river check-raise attempts…

In the past, I tend to bet my made hands OOP in fear of a check-through. It’s not horrible, as I’m almost always getting paid off. But I might not be getting the most value. Nowadays, I’m trying to find some spots for river sexy. I’m not sure about these, but here goes. These hands are from the same session as the “Gar vs. Pro” series (without the Pro):

Hand #1

Stakes: $20/$40
Players: Aggressive table, but not tricky. Only *** of 5.

Principal players:

Button – Older tightish aggressive Asian gentleman. One tricky play of note is he was in BB and check-raised late position bet into a field of 3 others with an underpair to the board and caught lucky on the river. He seems to be the value bet type.

CO – Me.

HJ – Young aggressive white kid who just got out of a 40/80 game. A bit too loose and limps too much, and is definitely aggressive. At times declares his hand before it’s over and he often shows it’s the truth. Admitted to being a rebel and doing weed on occasion. Personally knows Noah Lowry of the San Francisco Giants as a note of trivia. (More accurately, his ex-girlfriend dated Noah). A bit of a jock type, played basketball on a scholarship at a local private college, but didn’t stick because he didn’t get along with his coach. I only put all this here really for Hand #2.

Preflop action: (1.5 small bets, 9 players) Folds to HJ who limps, I raise with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Button cold calls, blinds fold, HJ calls.

Flop action: (7.5 small bets, 3 players) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. HJ checks, I bet, button raises, HJ folds, I just call (If HJ called, I would have 3-bet for value).

Turn action: (5.75 big bets, 2 players) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check, button bets, I call.

River action (7.75 big bets, 2 players) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check?

Hand #2

Stakes: $20/$40
Players: Aggressive table, but not tricky. Only *** of 5.

SB – Me

Button – Same as HJ player in Hand #1

Preflop action: (1.5 small bets, 9 players) Folds to button who open-limps. I find A5o in SB and raise to get rid of BB. BB calls anyways, Button calls.

Flop action: (6 small bets, 3 players) K43 r. I bet, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn action: (4 big bets, 2 players) A completing rainbow: I bet, Button exclaims “Oh, I like it now!” and slams down a raise. I judge I’m behind, but call for odds with intent to fold river UI.

River action (8 big bets, 2 players) 2. I check?

All comments appreciated, results to come.

Garland